Monday, January 29, 2018

Spread Your Wings and Fly...



It has been a cold and dreary weekend and, even though it is still January, I am starting to wish for spring.  With spring comes flowers and butterflies.  Using Just for Fun's Collection image, I made this simple card from a colorful background.



I have had some fun playing with my Color Bursts and Brushos lately.  My friend and fellow JFF designer, April Williams, shared some fun techniques with me a few weeks ago and I created some lovely backgrounds just from picking up all the extra color left on my craft mat.  This is what I used for this card.



The JFF Collection stamp was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on top of another piece of this colorful background.  I trimmed around it, leaving just a little of the color around the edges.  This was layered on white and the Spread Your Wings and Fly... sentiment, also from JFF, was stamped with Salty Ocean Distress Ink at the bottom of this layer.

I hope your week is great and come back soon for more inspiration.

E. Marie

3 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Gorgeous card!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love it Marie! The black panel on top of the gorgeous brusho background is so clever! Very artsy!

Wendy Bellino said...

What a creative use of a silhouette stamp! I'm adding this to my list of things to try!