Monday, May 14, 2018

A Mother Is Born


Yesterday was Mother’s Day so I thought I would share the card I made.  One of my favorite flowers is the Peony and so I used this flower for my card. 



The Peony was stamped with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.  A waterbrush was used to pick up ink directly from the stamp pad and color the image.



For the sentiment, the Just For Fun Peony image was once again inked with Picked Raspberry, stamped on a scrap of paper, and then stamped a second time on white cardstock.  The wording from the JFF Mother is Born stamp was stamped in black on top and die cut with a Spellbinders’ Square Nestability.  Don't you love this sentiment!  I had planned on layering the sentiment in the middle of the flower, lining up the stamped image, but decided not to cover the flower after I colored it.  



The card background was created by scoring both vertically and horizontally in the middle of a piece of white cards stock.  The Peony image was stamped with Picked Raspberry in each corner.  This was layered on a coordinating cardstock, along with the Peony and the sentiment, and all added to the white card base.

Thanks for visiting,

2 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous creation Marie! Love the sentiment too!

Wendy Bellino said...

So pretty Marie, what a great Mother's Day sentiment!